Thomson Timber Products
Mantel Shelves / Mantle Shelves / Chimney Pieces
- The photos above and shown static below have been scaled down for the web and cannot reveal the true beauty of the wood.
- Wood is a natural product each piece is unique
- nobody else can own a mantel shelf exactly like yours.
- Transport costs are a major element in the price since these are large and heavy items; but local deliveries can be done free.
- Normally only the top and front flat surfaces are hand finished to a high standard, using 4 coats of Danish oil, with sanding down between each application.
Guide prices: -
Mantels typical size 1.5m (60") long, 200mm (8")deep, 100mm (4") thick made of Oak, Elm, Ash or Sycamore are typically around £ 150.00 - £ 200 depending on the timber chosen and the level of finish required.
Mantel shelves made of Local Larch available from £ 100
This separate page shows a Mantel Shelf with simulated fire below it (but needs Flash Player to view)
A Photograph sent in by a satisfied customer showing the Mantel Shelf we supplied installed in her home.
Wendy's mantel shelf in spalted wood - please click image above to see larger version (1600x1200). Please be aware that the spalting arises from a fungus present in the wood. Take technical advice before installing.
Here is a mantel shelf in Elm supported on Corbels (that's the brackets above 'Tweety Pie' and to the right)
A full timber traditional fireplace with mantel also supported on Corbels
Fireplace we installed locally
Phone photo but hopefully you get the idea.
Here are some of the many woods we use
Spalted Birch click image above to view in larger size
Spalted Beech with unfinished Elm above and Knotty Oak below Click to view larger
Burr Elm with Waney Edge
Waney Edged Oak